Unless you've been living under a rock, you've probably noticed that joggers are a new and growing trend in sportswear. When worn correctly, joggers may make you seem fashionable, put together, and in style, but they can also make you look frumpy and untidy. With so many alternatives and so many hits and fails, many people are asking how joggers should fit and when to wear them.
Jogger sweat pants should fit snugly around the waist and be loose and comfortable around the leg. They can be worn for casual occasions or outdoor activities like running or hiking.
The way your joggers should fit is determined by where you intend to wear them and the activities you wish to engage in. The more cut and tapered the leg of your joggers is, the more formal the trousers are. Conversely, joggers that are broader and less fitted in appearance, with a thicker material, and a less tapered leg are best for casual use or lazing about the home. Whatever design you choose, you can ensure that your joggers fit well by following these fundamental guidelines:
- Your joggers should taper smoothly at the ankle and fit snugly around your ankle. They're too huge if the bottom of your joggers doesn't sit near to your skin and lower leg.
- Joggers should be tapered at the ankle and terminate above, rather than over, your shoes. A good pair of joggers will reveal a little bit of sock or skin.
- Joggers should have a thin fit that clearly defines the contour of the body, but they should not be too tight to seem fitted or "skinny."
- You should be able to move freely and have a decent range of motion in your joggers. If you feel constrained in any way, you will be uncomfortable and will appear to be wearing leggings rather than joggers.
- In general, your joggers' waistband should sit on your hips. More high-waisted joggers are becoming accessible, so if you buy joggers made to be worn higher, they should sit at your natural waist.
- If you're looking for an athleisure aesthetic or wearing your joggers casually, the crotch of the pants can be slightly lowered. There should be no substantial sagging in the crotch if you want a more fitted look.